Sign up at Training to enter the Connacht Cross Country Championships
The Connacht Cross Country Championships for Even Ages take place in Calry, Hazelwood, Sligo on Sunday 29th October. Start time tba. Please see details of the events below. Anyone interested in competing should sign up on the Entry sheets in the Shed before Friday 20th September. This event is open to all club members in the relevant age groups. Please keep an eye out on our Facebook Page Galway City Harriers Juvenile for any changes/updates prior to the Event.
Even ages & Distances
U12s - 2000m ; Born 2006/2007
U14s - 3000m; Born 2004/2005
U16s - 4000m ; Born 2002/2003
U18s - 4000m (girls) 6,000 (boys) Born 2000/2001
Closing date for Entry Friday 20th October.
The Connacht Cross Country Championships for Uneven ages take place at Moyne Community School, Longford on Sunday 5th November. Start time tba. Please see details of the events below.
U11 - 1500m Born 2007/2008
U13 - 2500m Born 2005/2006
U15 - 3500m Born 2003/2004
U17 - 4000m Born 2001/2002
U19 4,000m/6K Born Year 1999/2000
Closing date for Entry Friday 27th October
· Please arrive at least 1 hour before the First race so that athletes can walk the course and identify the Start and Finish areas. These events are busy and it can take a bit of time to locate these areas. It can be stressful for children if they arrive late and havn’t had time to check out the course.
· Before the race athletes need to collect their Race Number from their Coach.
· Athletes are advised to warm up approx 20/30 min before their Race time.
· Athletes need to wear a Club singlet to compete. Singlets will be available to purchase at Training in the Shed and on Race Day at cost of €15.
Athletes should bring the following;
· Waterproof jacket for before and after the race
· Running Spikes /Trainers
· GCH Singlet ( available to purchase at Training or on the day for €15)
· Running shorts/tights
· Bottle of water/snack
All athletes must sign up for these events at Training, it will not be possible to enter the competitions on the day.