County Indoor Championships Information
The County Indoor Championships takes place this weekend ( 11th & 12th Jan) in Athlone IT. U8 – U12 s participate on Saturday and U13 to Senior on Sunday. A Programme of events is posted on our Facebook Page Galway City Harriers Juvenile.
There will be no training for U9 to U12s on Friday night ( 11th ) in the Pavillion. There will be no juvenile training in Dangan on Sunday morning (13th Jan) .
The Club have over 100 athletes competing over the weekend. It can be a long day especially for the younger athletes so it is advisable to bring plenty of drinks and a packed lunch. There is a coffee shop/canteen in the Campus which opens until 4PM.
- When the athletes arrive they will need to get their Race number . GCH will have a number of coaches seated by the 'finish Line' and this is where you will get the race number.
- All athletes must wear a Club Singlet. If you don't already have one they will be available on the day for €15.
- Athletes should go to the 'Warmup Area' which is upstairs above the Track at least a half hour before their first event. The ‘Call room’ is also in this area and this is where athletes assemble prior to their events. Only athletes and coaches are allowed in this area.
- Athletes should keep a bottle of water with them as the arena can get very warm.
- Although athletes may have selected to run in a relay please bear in mind that it is not always possible to include everyone as 4 athletes are required to make up a team. The coaches will do their best to accommodate as many athletes as possible in the relay competition.
Wishing all the athletes an enjoyable and successful day.