Club Challenge - Event 6
The national half marathon took place in conjunction with the Rock n Roll half marathon last weekend, August 2nd in Dublin. The race proved a very succesful one from a club point of view with a host of great results.
- Gary Thornton, 6th overall, gold M35
- Matt Bidwell, 11th overall, gold M40
- Martin Kearney, gold M60
- Men's Senior Team 4th (Gary, Thornton, Matt Bidwell, Gary Higgins)
- Men's O50 Team silver (Martin Kearney, Danny Carr, John Devlin)
- Siobhan Egan, 5th overall
- Carmel Brannigan, bronze F50
- Women's Senior Team bronze (Siobhan Egan, Sinéad Brody, Michelle Browne)
So plenty of club challenge points secured. 19 members crossed the finish line in the Phoenix Park.
Mags Sheridan has taken over the lead in the women's challenge but Majella Ní Chríocháin, Aubree Piepmeier, Sinead Brody and Siobhan Egan are all lining up behind her less that a single race worth of points behind.
In the men's challenge Martin Kearney continues to dominate at club and national level adding yet another national title. The Street's of Galway race sponsor is in the middle of a purple patch. His team mates (John Devlin & Danny Carr) from the succesful O50 men's team are his nearest challengers.
With a host for the County 10km still to be confirmed the next race up may be on the country in the county cross country. We'll keep you posted when we know more.